Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Immersion- Step #3

It's been a few days since I posted. So let's jump right in. Hence the title "Immersion". When you are journeying to personal development there are two ways to go about it. Neither one is "better" than the other but one is more efficient than the other. I'll explain later. I hope you have been sticking to your daily affirmations. I am! Have you been doing your meditations? I have!
Last night was so cute, my son is 5 years old (almost 6 as he keeps reminding me). Every single night, without fail, we say our prayers. Last night I decided to change it up a bit and add in some motivation/yoga techniques that allowed him to take a unique approach to the same ol' prayer mantra we always recite. Here is what happened:

Me: Alright Chase, mommy wants to try something super special tonight! Would that be ok?

Chase: (him being the super adventurous type who loves anything new says...) YEAH!

Me: ok baby, mommy wants you to breathe in through your nose as much air as you could possibly fit! then hold it

Chase: *breathing deeply*

Me: awesome job, now let it out slowly through your mouth.

Chase: *lets out air*... starts to grin.

REPEAT

Chase starts grinning even bigger saying "I love this mom!" I kid you not, this kid was so excited over breathing differently and mommy focusing all her attention on this time, that he wanted more! I spend a lot of time with my son but these moments seem to be the most special for the both of us. After we breathed deeply for 3 big breathes. I had him breathe in one more deep breath while bringing his hands to a salutation. From there we said our prayers
 "now I lay me down to sleep..." when we were done we did one more big breathe with a salutation. My son passed out so quickly that I had no idea it was even possible! Lately he's been getting out of bed every 10 minutes for two hours following bed time that I thought he was going to make it a habit. After implementing the deep breathes and getting that good oxygen to his brain, his body followed extremely positively! This allowed mommy and daddy to watch a movie without interruption! It was a good movie too! Now, back to our regularly scheduled personal development teaching lol

The two ways you can go about self development
   1. Slowly substituting normal activities with something new that pertains to personal development.
   2. Immerse yourself so quickly that your mind doesn't have time to think its a bad idea and convince you out of something beneficial or give you excuses to stop pursuing and get sucked back in to the rat race.

As you can tell, i'm very passionate about the second. I know that immersing yourself is an extremely vital part of personal development if you want the fast track. If you are trying to go for success, or riches. It is very likely that I would recommend step two. Now, if you are an individual who wants to take things slow. Thats up to you. I can tell you that taking things slow can be long lasting because you are constantly fighting yourself and teaching yourself the better habits. If you are older than me then you have more years of brainwashing to get out than I do. I started slow, but learned my lesson. It would have been better to go fast in my opinion. i started with random books and CD's and never had a specific direction or point for listening and reading. I just knew I wanted something better. Then I started changing my radio. I no longer listen to the radio in my car. I have new CD's all the time on personal development and success within the field I want to pursue. It is uplifting and amazing every single time i'm in my car! I don't mind getting stuck in traffic because I am listening to life changing words and I won't be stuck here forever!

Changing this one thing had a huge impact on everything that follows. Apparently thats what I needed. It took me a while to realize though because I only occasionally looked at personal development books, or listened to CD's. Once I changed a huge chunk of my life over to personal development. That is when my life started changing... for the better.

More to come tomorrow! Do you have certain things you like substituting for personal development now? Share in the comments and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment