Saturday, March 26, 2016

Introduction- Why the heck should I start the journey to self development?

First off, let me ask you a couple questions.
  • Do you enjoy where you are at in life?
  • Do you know where you want to be in 5 years?
  • Do you think you will stay at your job until retirement?
      These are just a few questions in a list of many that I asked myself.  A few years ago I was extremely unhappy. I was stressed all the time and I hated the military with a passion because they always kept my husband away from me in one way or another. I was not overweight but I was unhappy with my body. I was sluggish. I slept horribly, and worst of all... I barely had any patience for my son. What a list of attributes huh? I thought so to, so when I came across this health program, I decided to give it a try. I was never one for "dieting" but it promised me lots of energy. As a stay at home mom, I needed it. 
     It was a 30 day program that i stuck to pretty well except for the cleansing parts. I lost weight and felt amazing! I sure did have a lot of energy like promised. I digress about the health program itself though. The point is, it gave me enough energy to finally start looking at life differently. So to answer those questions for myself. 
 
  • Do you enjoy where you are at in life? 
    • NO
  • Do you know where you want to be in 5 years?
    • Um, alive?
  • Do you think you will stay at your job until retirement?
    • I'm a stay at home mom! I wish I could stay here forever! But then I won't have money to retire because my husbands paycheck stinks!
So that lead me to look for something more. That health program I was telling you about, well they offered a work at home opportunity. It didn't exactly work out for me but it led me on that path to self discovery and personal development. 

So to answer your initial question as to why you should start? and why you are even reading this in the first place... here is what I will share so far. You can read specifics in upcoming blogs. 

Why... Albert Einstein stated “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.”  

If you choose not to learn and to just live life, then my question for you is, What type of life are you really living? Think about that tonight. Do you want to live life accepting anything and everything thrown at you? Or would you rather live life full of wonder and curiosity, challenging the status quo and becoming a more fulfilled individual in the process?

No comments:

Post a Comment